- State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Board, Member-at-Large (2010-2011)
- Law Academy Committee (2011)
- Diversity Hiring & Retention Committee (2006-2009)
Carrie is tenacious, energetic, and effective in the protection of employer and management rights and interests.
In her labor and employment law practice, she is particularly known for her work in prevailing wage and apprenticeship law, traditional labor law, labor arbitration, wage and hour law, wrongful termination, sexual harassment prevention training, and other employment discrimination matters. She also advises employers on a variety of personnel matters, including family and medical leave issues, disability accommodation, employee handbooks, background checks, drug testing, discipline, and terminations.
Prior to joining Cook Brown, Carrie worked for an employee benefits and labor law firm in San Francisco and for the United States Department of Labor. She also interned for the Employment Law Center in San Francisco. She teaches a labor relations class in the Construction Management Program at California State University, Sacramento.
Carrie graduated cum laude from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where she was a staff member of the USF Law Review and received the American Jurisprudence Award for Community Property. She graduated magna cum laude from the California State University, Sacramento, as an undergraduate.
She is licensed to practice before all California state courts and the Northern, Eastern, and Central Federal district courts of California.
- Won appeal of writ action involving merit shop apprenticeship program expansion.
- Defeated class certification of meal and rest period and overtime claims.
- Governor Brown Signs Bill Requiring Contractors to Pay Apprentices for Pre-Employment Processes
- Inaccurate Wage Statements Likely to Lead the Next Wave of Class Action Lawsuits
- Governor Brown Approves Significant Changes to California’s Prevailing Wage Law
- California Prevailing Wage Law Review | Annually presented at California builders exchanges and trade organizations throughout the state, including the Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange, Valley Contractors Exchange, Stockton Builders Exchange, North State Builders Exchange, North Coast Builders Exchange, Western Electrical Contractors Association, Inc., and the Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Contractors Association of California.
- Other available presentations include:
- California Wage and Hour Law
- A Manager’s Guide to Union Organizing
- Wage and Hour Update: What’s for Lunch?
- Five Mistakes to Avoid When Administering Leaves of Absence
- National Association of Women in Construction, Sacramento Chapter, Board of Directors
- Past Director, Rebuilding Together, Sacramento Chapter
- Soroptimist International of Greater Sacramento (2000-2007)