- State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Board, Member-at-Large (2010-2011)
- Law Academy Committee (2011)
- Diversity Hiring & Retention Committee (2006-2009)
Carrie is tenacious, energetic, and effective in the protection of employer and management rights and interests.
In her labor and employment law practice, she is particularly known for her work in prevailing wage and apprenticeship law, traditional labor law, labor arbitration, wage and hour law, wrongful termination, sexual harassment prevention training, and other employment discrimination matters. She also advises employers on a variety of personnel matters, including family and medical leave issues, disability accommodation, employee handbooks, background checks, drug testing, discipline, and terminations.
Prior to joining Cook Brown, Carrie worked for an employee benefits and labor law firm in San Francisco and for the United States Department of Labor. She also interned for the Employment Law Center in San Francisco. She teaches a labor relations class in the Construction Management Program at California State University, Sacramento.
Carrie graduated cum laude from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where she was a staff member of the USF Law Review and received the American Jurisprudence Award for Community Property. She graduated magna cum laude from the California State University, Sacramento, as an undergraduate.
She is licensed to practice before all California state courts and the Northern, Eastern, and Central Federal district courts of California.
- Won appeal of writ action involving merit shop apprenticeship program expansion.
- Defeated class certification of meal and rest period and overtime claims.
- Two New Laws Impacting California Public Works Contractors
- 2019 Brings New Penalties for Skilled & Trained Workforce Violations
- Prevailing Wage Law: Determining Pay Rates
- Governor Brown Signs Bill Requiring Contractors to Pay Apprentices for Pre-Employment Processes
- Wage Statement Class Actions – Avoid the “Gotcha”
- Why All Employers Need to Start Paying Attention to the NLRB
- Employee Rights Under the NLRA: Most Federal Contractors/Subcontracts Must Post Notice
- Prevailing Wage Seminar with ABC NorCal on May 5 2020
- 2020: Prevailing Wage Law at Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange on Mar 17 2020
- Prevailing Wage Law at Associated Builders and Contractors on Sep 11 2019
- California Prevailing Wage Law at Valley Contractors Exchange on Jul 18 2019
- Stay Up to Date On Prevailing Wage Law at PHCC on May 31 2019
- Prevailing Wage Law at Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange on Nov 14 2018
- Prevailing Wage – The Top 10 “Need to Knows” on Oct 24 2018
- Prevailing Wage Law at Valley Contractors Exchange on Oct 11 2018
- ABC Webinar: AB 1701 and Contractor Liability on Dec 5 2017
- Avoiding Litigation in the Hiring Process: ABC Webinar on Nov 9 2017
- Questions And Challenges Of 2017: Prevailing Wage, Legalized Marijuana, and More on Sep 22 2017
- California and Davis Bacon Prevailing Wage Review on Sep 7 2017
- California Prevailing Wage Law: What’s New and What Every Contractor Needs to Know on Aug 30 2017
- Prevailing Wage at North Coast Builders Exchange – Santa Rosa on Mar 16 2017
- Prevailing Wage Update at the Valley Contractors Association on Jan 12 2017
- Prevailing Wage Law at the Valley Contractors Exchange on Sep 22 2016
- Prevailing Wage Law Seminar at Stockton Builders Exchange on Aug 17 2016
- California Prevailing Wage Law Review | Annually presented at California builders exchanges and trade organizations throughout the state, including the Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange, Valley Contractors Exchange, Stockton Builders Exchange, North State Builders Exchange, North Coast Builders Exchange, Western Electrical Contractors Association, Inc., and the Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Contractors Association of California.
- Other available presentations include:
- California Wage and Hour Law
- A Manager’s Guide to Union Organizing
- Wage and Hour Update: What’s for Lunch?
- Five Mistakes to Avoid When Administering Leaves of Absence
- National Association of Women in Construction, Sacramento Chapter, Board of Directors
- Past Director, Rebuilding Together, Sacramento Chapter
- Soroptimist International of Greater Sacramento (2000-2007)