Join Cook Brown, LLP partner, Carrie Bushman at Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC), for an overview of California’s Prevailing Wage law. Carrie will discuss recent changes to the law as well as basic requirements with which all public works contractors should be familiar. The topics to be covered will include:
- Identifying and interpreting prevailing wage determinations.
- Taking proper credit for fringe benefit contributions.
- Electronic certified payroll reporting.
- Public works contractor registration, including the new small project exemption and penalties for failure to register.
- Apprenticeship compliance, including payment for pre-employment activities.
- Enforcement, including expanded liability for liquidated damages.
For more information and to register, visit ABC’s website.