It’s still in the news – startling accounts of bullying, assault, and abuse. How can business owners and executives take control and rise to the challenge of this cultural moment?
- Why have boilerplate policies, postings, and statutory training failed to prevent harassment?
- What is the difference between employment policy and the law?
- When is an apology an admission?
- What distinguishes “protected basis” harassment from lawful workplace supervision?
- When does a complaint rise to the level of requiring an investigation?
- What steps should be taken if your company is in the news?
Learn what proactive employers must do to protect their companies and their reputations at this advanced seminar for owners and executives. Join Cook Brown partners Terry Wills, Lisa Ryan, and Barbara Cotter at our February Breakfast Forum to:
- Understand – through case study examination and roundtable discussions – the expanding definition of sexual harassment.
- Identify procedures to address 2018 problems – coworker dating, texting between supervisors and employees, the eggshell employee, inappropriate selfies, social media, balancing privacy and prevention, and media inquiries.
- Create a checklist for handling a high-profile harassment claim.
- Learn how to create a checklist for the handling of a high-profile harassment claim.
- Find out how to hire the right investigator. It’s not a one-size-fits-all choice.
- Be ready for the next steps when the investigation is concluded, no matter the outcome.
Location and Parking
The Sutter Club | 1220 9th Street | Sacramento, CA 95814
Free parking will be available in the Sutter Club parking garage (entrance at 824 L Street).