Cal/OSHA Form 300a must be posted starting Monday, February 1, 2021.
Reminder: Employers must keep a log of work-related injuries and illnesses on Form 300. The definition of a work-related injury and/or illness is as follows:
- days unable to work;
- restricted work or reassignment to another job;
- medical treatment beyond first aid;
- loss of consciousness;
- a physician or licensed health care professional injury and/or illness diagnosis; and
COVID related injuries and/or illnesses are included in this definition. [See Cal/OSHA FAQs for more information about which COVID injuries or illnesses must be reported.]
The Form 300 log is not posted. Form 300a is a summary of the Form 300 injuries and this is the form that should be posted.
- The posted Form 300a summary must stay posted from February 1, 2021 through April 30, 2021.
- Employers must post Form 300a in a visible and easily accessible area of the workplace.
- Additionally, upon request a current or former employee is entitled to a copy of Form 300a.
Please note: Additional electronic reporting is required March 2, 2021 for employers with:
- 250 or more employees (unless exempt under 8 CCR 14300.2); and
- employers with 20-249 employees in Cal/OSHA Appendix H industries.
More information can be found on Cal/OSHA’s Recordkeeping website.